- Game must be reviewed as if it were a brand new release.
- If the game is part of a series, then the other instalments must be ignored and no comparisons can be made.
- Comparisons made from any other game old or new are allowed regardless of how factually and contextually (in)accurate they may be (therefore the review may have fictional elements).
- Game documents, data and statistics can be researched, however no existing reviews can be read prior to writing.
- Game must be scored on a scale of 0.0 to 10.0, and compared to the Metacritic Metascore (or User Score if this is unavailable).
I already have some games lined up, but I would like some input before I begin. I plan on making this as a written series on my blog, however do you think it would work better in video format? Do you have any other ideas for rules to follow? Also what games would you like to see reviewed in this series? I think this would be an interesting concept to follow through as it may open up some interesting critical perspectives which could potentially end up with me ripping apart games I love dearly.
Let me know what you think! -oP